Kailey Miller

Kailey was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myelocytic Leukemia) on September 15th, 2005. Because so many people want to be involved, her family thought it best to keep everyone updated through this website. Here you will find updates on how Kailey is doing, what is involved in her treatment at this time, along with some fun pictures of family and friends. Please stay updated to find out how you can be praying for her and our family.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Thank You to Everyone

Kailey, Jon Paul Mom and Dad have not had much of an opportunity to thank the many people who have touched our lives in such a large way. It would be difficult to name everyone and would probably shut down the internet as there are so many people supporting us thru these trying times.

First we need to thank Cousin Kristin and Chris from Raleigh NC for creating and maintaining this special site so that we can keep everyone up to date on how Kailey is doing. We also need to Thank Aunt Sarah for the great job she is doing posting all the information.

I would like to first and foremost thank Dr. Mark Mogul and the staff at the Blume Clinic for all they are doing medically to help Kailey. Also the staff at the Hemby Childrens Hospital i.e. nurses, care techs and ICU people who have and are caring for Kailey. They are truly here because they care and not because it is a job. There are many nurses that Kailey has personally connected with as well as many that I have connected with that have made our stay easier.

I need to also initially thank Aunt Sarah who for those of you that dont know is basically Kailey's other mother. She has been a great strength to me and has been a large influence in making Kailey the person she is today. She has given Kailey and myself great support thru this time which I know has been hard for her as she loves Kailey just as much as I do. Aunt Sarah is the only person at this time that I feel comfortable leaving Kailey with when I need a night away and time to be with my husband and son. If not for her I would not be able to take a night off every now and then so again I must thank her and let her know how much I appreciate all she does for Kailey and myself.

There is no way to express how grateful we are to all that are praying for Kailey. It appears that there is not a single State in this country that does not have a prayer chain going out to her.

I would like to thank Family Dollar Inc. for the support they have shown to me as an employee and to Kailey as supporters in what she is going thru. I would also like to thank all the employees that are reaching out to us financially as well as emotionally. The hats that have been sent as well as the cards, care packages and all the other gifts we have received have been greatly appreciated.

We would also like to thank the support we are receiving from the Charlotte Soccer Club (especially the Siskey Division). We joined this club around the first of August and they have reached out to Kailey as if she has been with them for years. There prayers are strong and the Pastor that comes to see Kailey weekly to play games and pray for her has brought great joy and smiles to her pretty little face. This club has been sending weekly care packages that have been greatly appreciated and we are always excited to see what they will come up with next to send to the family and Kailey.

The support we are receiving from Western Union Elementary School has also been outstanding as many of you saw when you joined in to give support at the CiCi's Night fund raiser. The pictures of this event brought tears of joy to my heart. The support that all the staff at this school has been overwhelming. So many teachers have come as well as the principals and cafeteria staff. I cant say enough about this school. You have all truly touched my heart.

We cannot express the emotions we feel knowing this many people love and care for our Kailey.

I want all of you to know that although Kailey is small in size she is extremely large in body, soul, heart and intelligence. Now she even tells the nurses how they should be giving her the medicines and corrects me often on the names of the medicines.

I am writing this late Wednesday night and want to let you know that Kailey had another great day today. She currently is being affected by one of the side effects of Chemo but it is not one that will not repair itself when this is all over. She chooses to keep this effect a private thing so we will honor her wishes however you can all rest easy knowing that she still has her strength and is running and playing like all other kids at this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home