Kailey Miller

Kailey was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myelocytic Leukemia) on September 15th, 2005. Because so many people want to be involved, her family thought it best to keep everyone updated through this website. Here you will find updates on how Kailey is doing, what is involved in her treatment at this time, along with some fun pictures of family and friends. Please stay updated to find out how you can be praying for her and our family.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Monday, October 17th

Kailey was busy packing all afternoon long and Cousin Kathy just happened to come by, so she was a big help. There was a lot to do....getting medicine for Kailey, getting home care scheduled and understanding all the things that need to happen while Kailey is at home for the next week or so. Kailey will have to go to the clinic on Wednesday and Friday so Grandma Tucker has been called back into action. It is always good to have help.

How can we ever thank everyone for all they have done and especially for all the prayers that have lifted up Kailey!! Continue to pray for Kailey. Pray she will have a wonderful week at home and she will be able to stay home the entire week. Pray her blood counts continue to improve so she can begin her next chemo treatment. Pray that the chemo treatment will be successful in treating the leukemia and that Kailey will continue to not have any side effects from the chemo. How many blessings how we seen so far? Just to name a few....
Dr. Craig, Kailey's pediatrician, "just happened" to think about checking if Kailey had mono, which meant he drew blood and he immediately saw something was terribly wrong with Kailey's blood counts;
Dr. Mogul, the very specialist Kailey needed "just happened" to be at the hospital when Kailey was admitted and quickly started treating Kailey; (Dr. Mogul left to go out of town for a few days the next morning);
all tests show the leukemia has not reached Kailey's spinal cord;
after one treatment of chemo there were no leukemia cells present in her blood which amazed Dr. Mogul!!!;
Kailey did not suffer any mouth sores or stomach problems from the first round of chemo; Kailey received a new chemo drug as part of round one of her chemo with no side effects!!!
and now Kailey is going home for a week.
Truly, the Great Physician and Kailey's Savior is at work in the life of this little girl!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kailey
    I am glad you are going home for a week,that is a bleesing to be at home with your family,our god is a healing god, I am truly glad you is doing well,and the fd family is still praying for you.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kailey,
    My brother, Scott Smith, is your soccer coach. His wife, Michelle has been telling me all about you. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I noticed that you like doing crafts. Look for a package soon with some fun stickers and stuff for a scrapbook. I work with kids at the Ronald McDonald House in Baltimore and they love to scrapbook. They take pictures of all of their doctors, nurses and friends at the hospital. It looks like someone in your family is doing a great job of taking your pictures!!! Praying for you and your family. HUGS

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kailey,

    I cannot express to you how happy I am that you were able to go home for a few days. I do have to admit though that I miss you already. You are such a special person that touches every person you meet in such a special way. I just wanted to let you know that I am continuing to pray for you. You are constantly on my mind. We all here at the hospital love you so much. Please let me know if there is any thing we can do for you or your family. I can't wait to see you again. Love ya! Nurse Rikki

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is so wonderful to see you out of the hospital and enjoying being outside with your family. There is nothing like being at home to make a person feel better. It amazes me to see your determination and spirit. Have a great time just being home!

    Love ya,
    Joan Pearsall

     

Post a Comment

<< Home